Monday, 4 February 2013

Time to say goodbye

Someone once told me, in business you had to know when to call it a day.

That day has come.

It's been brewing away at the back of my mind for sometime.  I have tried so hard to maintain two small businesses online, alongside a new venture at The Vintage Trading Company in Exeter, selling at various Vintage fairs and a regular slot with a group in Topsham each week.  Not to mention all the social media involved, etsy and ebay.....

and what about my home and my family ?

They have certainly suffered from me being time poor.

In recent days, weeks and months I have read with a heavy heart on twitter and facebook about tragedy affecting wonderful families whilst I have taken mine for granted. 

Tomorrow, I'll get the lego out with them.  Tomorrow,

I'll build the den out of quilts.  Tomorrow,

I'll make a big mess in the kitchen with them.  Tomorrow,

I'll go puddle jumping again.  Tomorrow.

Tomorrow has arrived.

Goodbye All About The Boys  .  It's been a blast, you gave me the courage to start my own business.  You gave me a good living in the early days but now like a long overdue love that's been lost, it's time to say goodbye.

All stock on the website is available for sale.  All reasonable offers will be considered.

I am not closing this blog but will use it as it should be used.  To document my life and my true loves

My Boys.  Nigel, Jacob, Milo and Jarvis.

I love you all so much.

I'm back !

Go get that football...........



18 comments:

  1. The bravest thing about starting a business is being brave enough to close it! Look forward to seeing you at the next Vintage Fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. karen this is a lovely heartfelt post, money matters but no where near as much as loved ones... xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen this made me burst into tears,Have fun with your boys xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thnk you for your lovely words of support ladies. For some reason blogger won't let me reply individually. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's rather wonderful to be able to say these words "That's my friend". I feel very proud to say that right here, right now. Beautiful words, Karen. Love winging your way in spades xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bless, whoever you are. Thank you xx

      Delete
  6. I'll miss the White Approach - I loved your shabby chic (most of it not so shabby). Enjoy your well earned family time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bless, the white approach isn't going sweetie just my All About The Boys website. xxx

      Delete
  7. Tough decision but very best of luck and hope you have fun with all your new free time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally, will still have plenty to keep me occupied when the boys are not about. I have lots of plans for my The White Approach business xxx

      Delete
  8. I admire your choice. I know exactly what you mean. We get so busy running in circles that we forget to stop and spend time with those we should treasure and invest in the most. All the very best for the future. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Its hard to change habits of a lifetime but I am determined to enjoy my children more xx

      Delete
  9. I'm so sorry honey I know how hard you have worked to make a success of this and this decision must have been a difficult one to make. I wish you all the best with you're new projects. You can do anything you set your mind to. Love you always Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely lady. Can't believe we have been virtual friends (and real life ones too) for over 3 years now !!! xxxx

      Delete
  10. Love to you Karen,
    I was thinking the other day how you are one of my oldest friends, and oh how far we have come sweet lady!
    It's not been easy and the parallels of both of our lives these past few yrs have been so different and yet soo the same.
    I'm also doing my own "lifestyle weeding" at the mo, mine is to try my best to get well ( which I AM going to be this year, I've decided ;D)
    We can have it all, just all the best bits ...the rest we don't need, even if they were once the most important
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great post! I found your blog and have just been reading through it. Your most recent post made me smile about names-gosh, choosing your baby's name is difficult! We have a Harry and a Leila and I love these names but sometimes, my 2yo Leila seems too small to have such a strong name! Re. this post, I think we have to make these decisions sometimes as parents. We are supposed to do it all and have it all but family comes first always. Great blog!

    www.samandasha2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi appreciate your thoughts and thumbs up to you! we are now days so busy in job and our work that we forget our most precious part of our life and mainly for whom we are doing all this. i will follow your thoughts and will implement in my life
    thanks blogger for motivating me :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

google analytics