Monday, 16 May 2011

Speedo Sea Squad Back Floats

The twins were really lucky to recently be sent a Sea Squad back float each and a pack of dive sticks from Speedo.   As soon as they saw them they were badgering to go swimming, now there was a time that I would have been the first into my itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny yellow polka dot bikini to show off my size 8 bod.  Sadly not anymore !  I make no secret of the fact that THEY RUINED MY BODY !  along with the fact that lying around in the sunshine getting a tan to show off is not high on my priorities these days. 

After much standing on the bed, twisting this way and that to see what I now look like in a swimsuit, off  we trotted to the swimming pool  with me clutching my pull it in, tuck it under, nobody will be looking at you anyway swimsuit.

Breaking  the rules of the swimming baths I made a covert video of them.  Many apologies to Speedo for the fact that they appear to be bum floats but the twins were just too impatient to get into the water and play with their floats and sticks to model properly for me.

video

I must admit to being sceptical about the effectiveness of these floats when I first saw them , especially the straps.  I was sure they would be uncomfortable to wear and not be at all effective.  I was wrong, they boys didn't complain about them once in the water and they didn't leave marks, rub or hurt them.  They were extremely effective as floats and are designed in such a way that you just remove a float as the child becomes more confident.  The boys loved the dive sticks and after initially being hesitant they were soon diving down to the bottom of the (baby pool) : ) to retrieve the sticks.  All in all they and I were really impressed .

If you haven't had a look at the new website for Speedo, do pop over and take a look, for those of you old enough to remember its certainly come a long way since its image of speedo trunks in the days of Mark Spitz !


The Sea Squad site is fun, bright, easy to navigate and packed full of great products and even a fun zone for the kids.  With games and play safe quiz for safety, a great introduction to swimming website with everything you need for your little one. 

Many thanks once again to the kind people at Speedo for the products. xx

4 comments:

  1. LOL @ "bum floats". Looks like your boys had fun with them though. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.
    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! We are awaiting our package (lol!!) from Speedo too....tres excited!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Madison, thank you for commenting, my magpiemonday posts for some reason sometimes link back to this blog not my white approach one xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma, they are great, I was going to have a swimsuit too but felt the style wouldn't suit and I would look more like elderly schoolgirl in her navy speedo suit ! Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

google analytics