Thursday, 25 August 2011

Me, John Lewis and the Mad Blog Awards

Today, I had possibly the most amazing email EVER to drop in my mailbox.  It came from Sally Whittle the organiser of the MAD blog awards telling me I had been selected to have a personal shopper at my local John Lewis Store and £250 to spend on my outfit for the final. 

I can't tell you how blown away I am by this gesture.  For those who follow my blog and twitter stream you will already know that for the last eight or so years we have been living on a very tight budget.  We rarely have any spare cash for treats and I hardly ever pay full price for anything.   I can honestly say that blogging has been the only thing that has enabled my family and I to have all the wonderful experiences, toys and treats in the last 18 months.

Having such a wonderful treat to spend all on myself on NEW clothes is fantastic, although I am already pushing the thoughts of what I could spend that kind of money on for the family, firmly to the back of my head. 

I thought I would just pop over to the John Lewis website to browse some of their clothes and shoes to see what kind of outfit I might choose.

What do you think......



or maybe this ........



or this .......



and what about these ....




I promise to update this post with the outfit I actually choose  xx

22 comments:

  1. Ooooh!! I am so excited for you! How fabulous! I can't wait to see what you choose! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you lovely, I wore the same dress two years running to cybermummy. Was desperate to have a new dress, but at least it still fitted : ) xx Really am totally thrilled, can't wait to go shopping xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fab, and very well deserved too. I'm not surprised to see a lot of white in your choices :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, thank you lovely. What do you think ? White for evening ? maybe I will surprise you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lucky you! I think the top dress is gorgeous & stylish and you'll be able to wear it for years without it looking out of date.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooo I like all three but the first two are most definitely you!! Enjoy the shopping xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shona, thanks for comenting, yes I love that one too. I agree, I try to stick to classic styles, so I can keep wearing them (as long as I can keep the weight off ) : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emma, aww, thank you so much sweetie, I am so thrilled I can't tell you. How fab is that Sally Whittle and how Generous are John Lewis !!! I can't wait to go and see what I can find xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huge congratulations!!!
    As for the outfits, obviously I love them all but can really see you in the second dress and those shoes.. #faint!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nickie, I know, I know squeaal !! I love those shoes, have not worn such high heels in many a long year. Am determined to find a killer pair ! (which they probably will) . So wish you were going. I was so poorly at Cybermummy I din't meet hardly anybody. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. All those dresses are lovely. You'll look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww, thank you lovely, must ask if I can get a pair of spanx !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the middle one, but I can see you in the bottom one x

    ReplyDelete
  14. the top dress is lovely! congrats we have been on a very tight budget for the last couple of years so now how you feel, enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. the last comment was from Lisa Troccoli sorry forgot to put name!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Susan, isn't that white one devine ! not sure its right for an evening autumn function, but it is def one I would wear over and over again . xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lisa, thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Its really hard isn't it managing on little money, but I hope I have shown people with my blog that you don't have to live in jogging bottoms and scruffy clothes just because you don't have much money. xx
    Hugs to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. 2nd dress and most definitely the shoes.x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow how fantastic is that! All 3 dresses are stunning but the 3rd is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucky you! Gotta love perks :) All the dresses are lovely; third one is to die for! Hope you have a fab time at the MADS x

    ReplyDelete
  21. The dresses are so beautiful! I would take all the dresses! :-) I love the shoes!!! See my blogpost!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These dresses are very beautiful, i love them especially because of their white color scheme used in them, are they available at john lewis stores for sale or not?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

google analytics