Thursday, 5 April 2012

Give Up Clothes for Good

When I saw on the Tots100 that they were supporting Cancer Research UK and T K Maxx with the Give up clothes for good campaign I immediately knew which items of clothing I was going to donate.

The Give up Clothes for good is in its fifth year and is the UK's biggest charity collection raises much needed money for research into beating children's cancer.  They are hoping to raise £12.5 million by the end of 2012 . 

All you have to do is donate a quality item of clothing you no longer wear.  We all have clothes in our wardrobes we love but know we will never wear again either because no matter how much we kid ourselves, we are just never going to slim down to a size eight EVER again or because are we REALLY going to wear those rainbow harem pants again ?

Last year I was really, really lucky to get into the final of the MAD's  and part of the experience was an amazing day out at John Lewis where I was treated to a wonderful outfit to wear to the ceremony.  Here I am in all my glory on the red carpet at the MAD's.  I love this outfit and felt a million dollars on the night. 

Time for it to move on to help a really worthy cause.




Please, please take part too.  Just find a piece of clothing, write a quick post (only take you a few minutes) and link it up to the Tots100 Carnival.

Take the item of clothing along to your local TK Maxx during April.  The clothes are then sorted, tagged and sold throughout Cancer Research UK Stores to raise the money.  EVERY penny raised will go towards the fight against cancer in children.

6 comments:

  1. Great way of raising money and love the outfit your donating!
    Unfortunatly we dont have tkmaxx in jersey otherwise im sure i'd donate a good few items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnk you Jane, it is a beautiful dress but I know I will never wear it again and as I had it as such a wonderful treat its seems right that it should be sold on to such a great cause. xx

      Delete
  2. That's a lovely outfit & a great cause !

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful cause. You did look fab in the dress, at least you will have the good memories from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've surfed the net more than three hours today, and your blog was the coolest of all. Thanks a lot, it is really useful to me

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous dress. I hope someone else creates equally fab memories when they wear it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

google analytics