Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Businesses with blogs

I started my blog initially to support my online business.   I do believe that it is essential  to embrace all aspects of social media to give your business the best possible chance to survive in these tough times and even more so if you are only an online business and don't also have a bricks and mortar shop.  All of the big brands now have facebook, twitter and often blog links on their sites.

After spending a great night with my fellow business finalists at the Mad Blog Awards on Friday night I thought it would a good idea if I actually looked at their blogs !  I have come across most of the finalists during my chat on twitter but amazingly hadn't found time to really take a look at their work.

The first business blog I looked at was the wonderful Lyndsey from The Queen of Easy Green take a moment to check out her About Me page !  I was blown away by her achievements !  Who knew !

 Next up the lovely, bubbly Becky from Baby Budgeting   we have met in the past and her tips on how to save money and  afford to stay at home when your children are young, are inspiring.  As a mum to three sons myself I know what a massive battle it is between returning to work and paying childcare or choosing to stay at home and cutting your income.

The winner of our category Friday night was another Lovely (honestly we had the nicest category of ladies ) Lisa From The Mummy Whisperer     I will admit to having never looked at Lisa's blog before but her concept of helping mums to be happy and content which has an obvious benefit to their family is a simple but inspiring idea !  She was a deserved winner and as for her GORGEOUS baby girl !  What a beauty, I am so regretting not getting a picture taken of her lovely sparkly shoes next to my sparkly shoes on the night !  Where was that Shoe blogger !

 One lady I do know (because I advertise on her blog)  is the fab Laura from Little Stuff  this was the first business blog I read after deciding to set my own blog up.  Its packed full of ideas, reviews, recommendations for shopping etc and is a must see for any parent.



After reading through these blogs I thought it actually might be a good idea to keep looking for more businesses who have blogs.  There are so many great small businesses battling away in these tough times.  I try to feature some on my Supporting Independent Businesses features but just don't have the time to find everybody.  If you are a small business and you also have a blog.  I would love you to link up your blog page below.   Maybe if we get enough interest we can make it a regular feature and if you are interested in being featured in a supporting Independent businesses post then please also leave a comment below.

13 comments:

  1. Great idea. I'd love to link up with more business bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking up MilkChic, hope you get lots of new followers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely idea to link up with other small businesses & find more fab blogs!
    Congratulations on being a finalist in the Mad Blog Awards!
    love
    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Alison, saves lots of time trawling the net : ) and thank you for your kind congratulations. It was a fantastic night, I was only a teeny,tiny bit sad not to win xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a coincidence, great minds hey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kizzy, thanks for linking up, great minds indeed : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the link ups. Its a hard time for small businesses so the more we can support each other the better xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea Karen, I'm looking forward to looking through the links.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Karen for the mention and for your wonderful company on the night. I think your idea of supporting small independent businesses in this way is terrific - as you know there are a lot of fantastic companies out there and this is a great way of helping them get the exposure they need - well done you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's a great idea to get us business bloggers to join forces and work together a bit more! Thanks Karen. Congratulations with the MADS awards too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on being a finalist - I'd love to link up with more business bloggers so have added my link :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations and what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww great idea with the linky list just compiling the Business Plus Baby Blog Carnival as host this month and your post is in it. Would love to be included in your supporting Independent Businesses post and have added my blog to your linky Emma :-))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

google analytics