Monday, 17 January 2011

Tagged - Seven Secrets (well maybe not secrets)

I've been tagged by the lovely caro over at Mummy Alarm  to reveal seven secrets about myself.  I may well have seven secrets but I would NEVER dream of revealing some of them to ANYONE!   I will though share some things about me you might not know:


1.    The first record (yes record, not cd) I brought was Elvis Presley's Polk Salad Annie in 1972 !  Yes, really !  My mother was Elvis Presley mad and it was a natural progression for me to love him too.  To this day I still think he is one of the most beautiful men who ever lived.




2.   I will be 50 Next year !!!!!  Arrrgghhhh!





3.   I was in the army for 10 years. You may already know that, but did you know that when I was posted to the Falklands I was one of the youngest serving sergeant in the Women's Royal Army Corps at the time.  Get me ! and whilst there I also managed to get myself run over by a landrover.




4.   I re-met and married my childhood sweetheart 25 years after first meeting him .


5.   I have a pathalogical fear of Sharks ! I won't even paddle in the sea.  I imagine them everywhere there is water. In swimming pools and even in my bath !  Often having to jump out when my imagination gets the better of me.  I nearly passed out whilst walking through the shark tunnel at Sea World and had to be helped out in a state of shock.  What possessed me to go in there in the first place I will never know.


6.   I have a tattoo.  Received whilst at a weekend Hell's Angels jaunt with No 1 son's father. I am saying no more on that one !





7.   I hate CROC's and I particularly hate the ones with all the little clipy things all over them ! Sorry ! and erm,  jogging bottoms ! .

THAT IS ALL



10 comments:

  1. What lovely ansers, you would never guess in a million years you are going to be 50 nest year. You rock lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly don't look 50. You look fabulous. I hope I look half as good as you then. That is so sweet you married your childhood sweetheart xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Thanks girls, but I reckon you must have both been drunk or not wearing your glasses when you last saw me : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow a sergeant in the Army and You served in the Falklands that's awesome!

    To marry your childhood sweetheart is so very romantic!

    To have a tattoo is very brave...ouch!

    To think Elvis Presley is Beautiful is damn right!

    And who would guess that you will be celebrating your 50th Birthday next year...you look fab!

    What an exciting life you have lead so far!

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab secrets! Would never have guessed you are coming up 50.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  6. As your mother and very very proud of you your beauty is within for all to see and treasure.
    A mother's love never dies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww, bless. Only a mother could write that comment. Thanks mum. Enjoy New Zealand. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I didn't know any of these things about you!! The shark tunnel thing made me giggle a lot! I can't believe that you are going to be 50....you certainly don't look it and it's sooooo cute that oyu and Nigel were childhood sweethearts.....awwwww!!! Elvis is AWESOME....I may have driven for 12 hours each way in the States for a 'quick' sidetrip to Graceland!!! I lurve him and apparently that's not cool in 34 year olds but I couldn't give a damn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for you message Karen, I am awed to be considered an inspiration to someone and very touched too! Lovely to read your 7. Made me think of things I could have put on mine like the first record I owned bought for me by mum and dad was 'save all your kisses for me' by brotherhood of man. they won the eurovision contest with it the year I was 2 and I danced to it in front of the tv! Richard (my brother) said they would win because it got me dancing and they did! I did see one blog where they added another secret as they had been tagged twice! Dare you to reveal another hehe. By the way I am scared of Crane Flies so I understand your fear totally! They could wake me up in the middle of the night. I'd hear them flying around! oh and say hi to your husband from me! Glad to see he has great taste in tv! hehe lots of love Teri xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...such an interesting seven things. My list is very dull in comparison! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

google analytics